Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Enjoying Wine

“Drink to me only with thine eyes,
“And I will pledge with mine;
“Or leave a kiss but in the cup,
“And I'll not look for wine.”
~ Ben Jonson

It's pretty Ben, but no. The kiss goes on the lips; the wine goes in the cup. When conversation slips, refill it and drink up! Welcome to my new wine blog. I love wine. I have imbibed a lot of wine. I will imbibe a lot more. Yes Jimi, I am experienced, but I couldn't tell you what goes with Cornish game hen, mostly because I don't eat Cornish game hen. I am a wine drinker who refuses to follow the rules. If you're a beginner, or if you are not sure how to behave around wine drinkers or if you are just intimidated by the blood of the grape, then make regular visits to this blog and know you are not alone. I will be giving a hats off to the experts from time to time, with the express understanding that most of what they say will go in one ear and out the other. If I want to drink Japanese plum wine with chocolate, then by the gods, that's what I'll do. (And you should too!) No worries, just fun. I will also be reviewing actual bottles of wine. Which, of course, means I have to DRINK actual bottles of wine. I love how that works! Right now I'm in Romania, so that will be wine from Romania and surrounding countries.

Come back tomorrow for the first in a series on VD ... I mean Valentine's Day tips.

No comments: